Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Tuesday Tip!

Well, I'm happy to tell you that my son and I are working on making some tutorials to share here on my blog! I thought we might have been able to finish today but it just wasn't in the cards, as they say.  
However, I wanted to be sure not to miss giving you a Tuesday Tip before it became Wednesday!!!

So here it is...

When you need to trace lettering that you will be embroidering on your wool felt, I've been told that you can use the lightest weight tear-away stablilizer to do so!

I'll use my Grateful Hearts design as an example for what I mean...


So, where you see the lettering for Grateful Hearts, Love, Love, Love and Grace at the bottom...this would be a perfect time to use the stabilizer.  

Stabilizer is see-through, so you would place it over the sample lettering that I drew out for you in the pattern and trace the letters with a pencil right on it just as if you were tracing on tracing paper.

  Then place the piece of stabilizer with the drawn lettering over the spot where it would go on your project and embroider right through it, directly over the pencil lettering.  

Once you are finished, you'll have to cut, tear and use tweezers to pull the stabilizer away (takes patience!!) but what will be left is just your pretty embroidered lettering!!!

Yep, that's what I am told and it sure sounds good to me.  I have seen the work after it was done and it looked wonderful!

Let us know if you have ever tried this method!!!

Happy Stitching!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment